I was supposed to go join the Pixiv contest, but... I'm not feeling the P4 mood. My sister is very critical of anime and disses a lot of the things I like, so I end up liking them a lot less than I would have originally. :(
I'm really indecisive about my own stance. I tend to absorb other people's habits like a sponge, unintentionally, so ... I kind of look like a copy-cat? I don't have an identity of my own in regards to an opinion, style, etc. Even art style, really. I pick up little bits and things from what I surround myself with. For example, I did not used to swear. At all. I guess, a combination of online friends casually cussing and my sister's use of profane language creeped into my way of speaking. Now, I kind of F-bomb a lot more than I am used to. In terms of art, my style usually has thick lines or no lines at all, and somehow I am bent on getting clean digital lineart and cell-shading, even though that isn't my style. Painty wasn't my style either, I took those by being influenced from kidchan and borammy, and other dA artists.
I never really sought an "original" style. I just ended up with a mishmash of everything I liked and made it my own.
So, my point? Uh. I really liked P4, but I guess when my sister made me realize its flaws... (and actually seeing its flaws and knowing that she makes a good point) kind of... makes it hard for me to like it in the same way. OR maybe, I'm just more reserved about expressing how much I like it. To tell the truth, I think I was in it for the glasses, and I'm still in it for the glasses. I still like P4 in the same way that I like Tales of the Abyss.
I need to stop judging based on others' opinions.

No comments:
Post a Comment