Kinda depressed about UTENSIL. I know this makes me really lame but the lack or response makes me want to abandon it altogether. Yes, I know it's not great, and TBH I really think this last chapter has the WORST pacing ever. But. No comments? I don't really want to draw finish it anymore.
And the fact that most comments are distracted by the colors... just makes me want to throw out the color thing. :/ I should just move onto a new project and make it super good.
I mean, I know the ending is really bad because I basically crammed everything that was supposed to be in there originally (even though now it has not much point) and tied ends on everything I could think of. So. IT'S REALLY BAD. And I HATE IT.
BUT. If I get demotivated by something like this, I'll never be able to finish a comic project, no matter how good it is. I need to pull through, but... it's hard.
Anyway, I drew stuff for Underline.
Trying to finalize character designs and get their faces to look... different from the other characters, while keeping them consistent for different expressions. Also, since they have ethnicities, I want to try to get them to look at least vaguely like their... kin. =v=


Noo, pompi, don't give up! ;A;
ReplyDeleteI want to let you know that I do read every update, and I hate that I forget to comment, but I really really think it's a wonderful comic. I think the art and your characters are fantastic, and I'm not just saying that to cheer you up (though I hope it does). I can tell you put a lot of work into this project, so I want you to see it through! ;u; I promise I'll be better about commenting in the future.
I love these character designs~ I know what it's like to struggle with making characters look different within the same...style? (anime?) I think you're doing a good job so far! Do you plan on doing Underline in black and white, or color too?
TAT;;; You're not supposed to read thisasdfkjahlkdfjhakjhdfalksdfaaaa;;; I post here because I assume no one reads this aaaa;;; b-but thanks. TT___TT;; I-I actually finished inking another batch of 10 pages after reading your comment. *so easily influenced OTL*
ReplyDeleteB-but don't force yourself to comment if there's nothing to say. But along with comments, crits are very much welcome. ; ^ ;
I'll do my best to pull through because if I can't finish this, then I don't think I'd be able to finish anything. I just... have to learn how to stare at my work and get it done, no matter how much I hate it from having to look at it over and over again to re-sketch, ink, and tone. It's just... hard not to hate it.
---
Yeah, I think anime style really hard to work with. =v=; I actually won't be doing Underline in manga format. But I haven't thought much about the visual aspect yet. Still trying to figure it out.