Yesterday, I sat down at my desk to draw. And I did actually draw almost the whole day. Today, I was going to do the same thing. But I didn't make any progress at all. D8 Reasons why I can't be a full-time artist.
I sort of got a job as an illustrator for a book. Though it sounds all amazing, it's more like doing a favor for family. My cousin, or more specifically cousin-in-law, wrote a book and is having it published and sent to stores soon. It's a trilogy, and I was supposed to draw for the other two books. O___o;
But he changed his mind and put me on a different project. Now I'm kind of relieved. I thought I would have to draw fantasy stuff for a Lord of the Rings-esque kinda book, and I'm not much of a fantasy fan. But I've been reassigned to a 21st century setting. Now that matches my style more. I'll take sci-fi anyday, even with magical stuff.
But I do get paid, unlike the last time I got offered to draw for a book. My 7th grade teacher approached me in, well, 7th grade to draw pictures for her book. She said my name would be on it, and that's it. Never heard from her again, and... I don't think she ever published that book. (It wasn't a very good read anyway, even for a kids' book.)
Now I just have to hope I'll pull through with this. >_<; And all the projects I've given myself. =w=;;;
To-do:
UTENSIL: CxM... 12/32 redraw/clean-up complete. 0/32 pages colored. (someone shoot me)
Ch9... 0/46 pages redrawn/inked/toned.
Ch10... 0/?? sketched.
???... 0/~30 pages.
SO:BS Editting: Gaiden2... 3/11 complete.
PE: Will start after CxM is complete.
Commish: Redgrave... 0% complete.
Doujin: discord... 0/~30 pages complete.
Road Trip blog: 3/16 days complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment