It was pretty awesome, even though the gallery was kind of small since the new show was opening at night.
Ate Greek food for lunch.
There was an exhibit on demonology and witchcraft, which was in a really tiny room. But the art was really cool~ I can't remember the artists' names, but there was an Italian artist that drew prison buildings. Torture devices maybe, but it looked more like stairs and bridges and brick. I really liked those.
And this one!
Die Hexe mid dem Kamm (The Witch with the Comb) by Paul Klee, 1922

(Taken from HAMMER website)
I thought it was cute, and it was different from all the other pictures. I don't get it though... I'm still trying to find the comb and... what's with the arms? Arrows?
Then there were hand-drawn journals of poisonous mushrooms!! They were in a display case. There was a raven, too. It'd be cool to have those one of those old biological journals. Everything would be drawn by hand~~ Some of them said carving, so I'm guessing wood carving onto paper, even though they were in color!! So amazing. *__* Biologists back then were artists, so I really look up to them. XD
There was a disgusting phallic-three-pronged-butt-looking drawing but when I looked at the title, it was a pepper!!! XD After that, I could see the pepper, haha. I can't remember the exact title or the artist. Ah, art is so amazing. Even back in the early 1900's, art is just so awesome.
We went to a portrait gallery, which was cool. But I enjoyed the French lithographs more. Honoré Daumier had some really witty images. XD
I also learned from my teacher what a lithograph is. 8D
I also saw two Van Gogh paintings. One of them was different from his usual style. I thought it was a pretty landscape~ but augh, I can't remember the title. >_< Out of the impressionists, he'd be my favorite.
I enjoy going to art exhibitions~ Ah, I should go more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment