Wednesday, September 3

Homework + Extra Drawing Time

I'm not exactly the most talkative. I've met a few people, but generally I spend my break time wandering campus and drawing, possibly doing homework.

Lots of drawing. Actually done with effort, too.

I have four works in progress in my sketchbook at the moment. One of Deian, one of Kaoru from Eva, one of the Union Station, and one of a part of campus. I'm back into drawing from observation, due to a need to keep my skills sharp (especially since I'm without an art class to send me into procrastination and stress and super-workaholic mode).

Long breaks in between classes transform into long drawing sessions, or perhaps homework time, provided that I'm in the mood and brought my books with me. I sit in a generally isolated area, and I work for hours straight. But I enjoy it. Walking, drawing, working...

Because I'm a commuter, making friends is a little bit difficult. I've met people at orientation but I generally don't share classes with people enough to walk and chat with them. On the other hand, I feel like I belong in the anime club (It's a lot like SCIO.) but late night meetings are inconvenient for pick-up. I probably can't attend tomorrow. (Woes.)

Overall, college-life is a repeat of high school, except the breaks are longer and the classes spread farther out. The people are spread out; the campus, spread out. I am in high school again. Except bigger.

I'll scan my sketchbook when I finish drawing. Right now I need to write some thesis statements. (I don't like Writing 140 or Social Issues.)

No comments:

Post a Comment