And it's not just because I live in this country either...
He's somewhat a cheeky lad. An ignoramus... but he's still awesome!! Not to mention, he's got glasses... and blond hair scores him some more points too. =w=;;; (I don't know why I like these types of characters...)
Well, I guess it could be some form of patriotism... =w=;;


I fixed his foot in colored version... because I ran out of space on the paper...
[fangirling] Holy macaroni, yay glasses-people gaaaah need to draw Austria and Sweden and Estonia *headdesk* =w= and the non-glasses people like England and Russia and Prussia and China and Italy~~ <3 <3
Hetalia is like... satire in webcomic form. (Now if only I could read and understand Japanese better... I might continue classes next summer or something.)
Back to America. After reading Hetalia, I started looking up national anthems. Particularly Germany's, the UK's, and the US's anthems... on YouTube. And I think it's really sad that people insult other countries' anthems in their comments. For example, many of them insult the German anthem for being "Nazi." Yes, it may have some lines that can be misinterpreted in these times, but the anthem was written before the Nazi era, I believe. And I think it was a beautiful anthem. I may have found the German women part amusing, but it still was a beutiful song. And there's way too much f-word and other insults against other countries.
There's no point in hating a country for their past. It's important to remember the past, but it's more important to look forward and move on.
America's anthem... There are 4 verses... (They might've added another one, but I'm not sure.) For some reason I couldn't find the WHOLE anthem being sung. I like our anthem, too. It may be written by an Englishman and sung to a British drinking song, but it's an amazing song.
I'm not usually patriotic or anything, especially since the government still has it's flaws. But I'm glad I live here. Yes, there are tons of flaws in America, but I love (most) people's open-mindedness, the scenery, the optimism, the belief that you can do anything if you work hard... There are good things about America. If people loved their country more and worked to fix it, not just blindly thinking that the US is perfect or bashing it for being evil... maybe there could be some change. It makes me sad that a lot of people that live here hate their country. It's a shame, really.
Anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment