Reward Game is still on.
Deadline for Volume ONE: End of December 2014
-Cover page 0/1
-Reformat Ch 1 (0/21 pages, change font) [REWARD: Sal sketch 2 characters]
-Reformat Ch 2 (0/25 pages, change font) [REWARD: Angie ink UTENSIL pairing]
-Reformat selected extras (0/4 pages)
-Additional extras (character profiles? extra artwork?)
It looks like Volume one is only 3 chapters! Which will make it easier for me to get something out sooner. I didn't realize that Chapter 4 was drawn in 5.5x8.5" instead of 8.5x11". It's a shame because I wanted the first volume to have chapters 1-4 just to have a slightly more even split between books.
Since UTENSIL wasn't initially formatted for print there will be some white margins where there shouldn't be and the quality of the art won't be super great. For a large chunk, I believe I was working at 200dpi and some even in 72dpi (oh geez). But again, this is a harsh lesson to draw comics like it's intended for print from the get-go.
The purpose of printing UTENSIL is just a reminder of how much I've improved since I've started. It's also a reminder that I am capable of finishing a comic—that even though I was just having fun and playing around, I had a small fanbase who enjoyed what I wrote. It's a reminder that I was at least able to brighten someone's day, make someone smile, or remind someone that they were not alone with a comic that I made. I also hope that the people who own the extra copies that it might motivate them to make a comic of their own. Like, if I can do it, they can, too, and they can do it better!
It's not the best piece of work I've done, but it is something I'm proud of, and I want to be able to hold it in my hands. It hurts to look at again, but I'll do this! I'll work hard! Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment