I don't feel like ranting in my other blog so I'll rant here since it gets less traffic.
When someone insults something I like, generally I'm fine with it. It's okay to hate, though I'd think hate is a bit harsh of a word for something as small as a fandom. But when s/he uses words like retard, f--khead, rape, etc. I get insulted. Yes, it's the internet. Yes, freedom of speech... but has anyone ever heard of tact?
Normally, I'd leave things like this alone, but it bothered me.
When someone talks trash about something important to you, I won't leave it be. Someone has to say something. And if I feel strongly enough about it, I should say something, right? And since the person is a Moderator, I feel like the person should display some maturity is expressing his/her dislike for something. It's just... terrible word choice. And it's a children's show for crying out loud.
Okay, it's not like I tell everyone who cusses to stop cussing. I slip up some words once in a while. But when it's directed at someone... something... I feel like... that's wrong. It's probably not as severe when such words are directed at things, but things don't come out of no where. Someone built or played a part in building that thing, someone generally owns that things, someone uses that thing... I think people should show a little more respect to everyone and everything.
I simply don't like curse words, particularly the F word. It scarred me for simply existing.
So anyway, I tried to express my opinion in the most civil way possible. Person replied saying the post was made before the person became a mod. Am I was being a hypocrite for telling said person to respect other's opinions while telling person not to sound so... hateful?
Okay, fine. I can be a hypocrite. Because it's true. I was wrong because I had no way of knowing said person posted it before being a mod. But it doesn't change how insulting the way one's opinion was expressed. Second, I'm not trying to censor (because I have no power to anyway)... I'm just expressing my own opinion. I won't return a reply because I feel like I'll only be further misunderstood for being a righteous jerk.
Internet's a hateful world. I'll leave it be.
Many people can be jerks sometimes, but I guess some don't notice it. Nothing I can do about it.
Anyway, it's only a forum for a club. I left the club and that'll be that.
Maybe I'm thinking too much. Maybe I'm over-sentimental.
Maybe I just can't comprehend how people can hate something so much that they need to use such hateful words toward it.
Okay I'm done. Moving on~
No comments:
Post a Comment