Saturday, August 23

Sleuth!

I'm planning a mystery game. It's a click adventure.
You play as Jan Keirnan, some random dude. Actually he's an old character of mine that I decided to reuse. =w= He looked a lot like Ishida Uryuu from Bleach (even though I created him before Bleach came out), so I changed his hairstyle a bit. (Though that doesn't make him look any less typical than he already is.)

When I originally drew his hair, I was thinking, "I haven't seen a guy with my type of hairstyle," so his hair was based off of mine... only shorter. So since my hairstyle has changed slightly since I drew him last, I'm basing his new hair off of my style... Now his hair is layered.



He was originally going to be a mystery manga that I was going to draw... but at some point I gave up on the story. It was lame. But one day in junior year, I came up with an interesting mystery (sort of interesting) and I didn't have a main character. So viola, Jan has a chance to be used for something.

As for his character... I didn't have much. He's a little bit on the angry side, but not too much. Using this template for emotions, I think I developed him a bit... But he's a playable character, so his character shouldn't be to drastic. He'd probably have different versions of his character, depending on what responses the player chooses when they play the mystery game.



So what does Jan do? It's a simple murder... at a school. This school is based off of my elementary school, which I'm using for UTENSIL as well. (Not my favorite school in the world. =_=; ) I was originally going to call it Notepad, but I changed my mind to Underline. Sounds cooler.

I'm hoping to make it a series. Hopefully I can plan out the story, graphics, and programming. 80 The case and evidence is all planned out though. I just need to get the dialogue and alternate endings in place, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment